Secondment is used in various situations where Fleetexpert employees are temporarily transferred to another employer. Examples include prolonged absence of your fleet manager by illness or accident, maternity leave or leave for compelling reasons. Spikes in workload at eg. seasonal activities are also a typical example.
The configuration of a secondment involves three parties:
- the employee
- Fleetexpert, with whom the employee has a binding contract
- the employer where the employee factually works
Fleetexpert works different from a regular interim office where you can “rent” employees for a short period of time and where no legal obligation exists between the employee and the office. As a result the Fleetexpert employees cannot be adopted into permanent employment by our customers. The minimum period for a successful secondment is about 3 months, but can be negotiated. Depending on the project the period can be shorter or significantly longer.
The advantages are clear
- Fleetexpert is responsible for the training of his / your future employee
- instant availability of a specialist who is immediately up to speed
- no loss of time due to lengthy selection procedures
- Scalable costs in function of demand / period
- the posted worker works under your management and coordination
- Fleetexpert frees your HR department of administration
To tenure or not
Within the agreement of secondment of Fleetexpert employees to your workplace, it is impossible to recruit them for permanent employment. However, through our service of Recruitment & Selection we can help you find the right candidate and insure continuity. In more specialised domains we can put you in touch with one of our interim managers who, after consultation, can join your company on a permanent basis.